- January 14 @ 1:00 pm - 8:00 pm
- January 12 @ 10:30 am - 11:30 am at Weston Public Library
Catch the next stop on the Whale Alert! book tour at the Weston Public Library with Author Angela Kakabeeke. Kids are invited for a book reading and hands on activity showing the hazards the North Atlantic right whale encounters along our coast. Learn how you can take action! All children attending ...
- January 10 @ 6:30 pm at IMAX Theatre New England Aquarium
Protecting Our Coasts from Offshore Oil and Gas Join Us to Learn How You Can Get Involved The Trump Administration has proposed opening the Atlantic Ocean to new offshore oil and gas exploitation. This represents a danger to New England’s pristine and treasured coastline. Join us for an evening at...
- December 7, 2018 @ 5:00 pm - 9:00 pm at Almost Perfect Glass Studio
- December 4, 2018 @ 11:30 am - 1:30 pm
- November 13, 2018 @ 6:30 pm - 9:00 pm
W2O’s Ocean Lovin’ Book Group will dive into the world of orcas with the book Into Great Silence, a beautiful, heartrending memoir by the late Eve Saulitis. A well-known Alaskan poet and orca researcher, Saulitis writes about the relationship between the demise of a small, local orca pod...
- November 8, 2018 @ 7:00 pm at IMAX Theatre New England Aquarium
David Balton, Senior Fellow, Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars; Former Ambassador for Oceans and Fisheries, U.S. Department of State REGISTER The Arctic region is undergoing profound changes, driven primarily by a warming climate. The nations and peoples of the Arctic are struggling t...
- November 1, 2018 @ 7:00 pm at IMAX Theatre New England Aquarium
Panelists are Magdalena Ayed, Founder of Harborkeepers; Alex DeFronzo, Executive Director of Piers Park Sailing Center; and Kannan Thiruvengadam, Founder of Eastie Farm. Moderated by John Anderson, Director of Education, New England Aquarium REGISTER Communities across the United States are facing ...
- November 1, 2018 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm at Environmental Voter Project
Commit to voting for the environment. Join forces with the W2O Young Professionals and register others to vote with ocean conservation as a top priority. Register here to get more details. EVP Office Address: 55 Court Street, Suite 520, Boston, MA 02203
- October 20, 2018 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm at Castle Island Boston
Everyone is welcome to attend the beach cleanup in Boston. Cleanup supplies will be provided or bring your own gloves. Please RSVP to Young Professionals Organizer Emily Conklin at emilyforw2O@gmail.com for parking details and more. Rain date is 10/21.