Give to the Oceans! The health of our oceans is crucial to the well-being of both marine and human life. Protect what you love by adding the preservation of the oceans to your “philanthropic dance card”
- Join W2O and learn more about protecting our oceans.
- Only 3 percent of the Earth’s oceans are protected. Ask a W2O member what organizations are really making an impact in ocean conservation and research
REDUSE PLASTIC WASTE:
- WRITE TO YOUR LOCAL REPRESENTATIVE SUPPORTING THE BAN ON PLASTIC CARRY OUT BAGS. CLICK HERE FOR A WRITING SAMPLE and INFORMATION ABOUT THE BILL
- YOU CAN REDUCE SINGLE USE PLASTIC IN YOUR EVERY DAY LIFE BY CARRYING A REUSABLE BAG NOT ONLY TO THE GROCERY STORE BUT ALSO TO RETAIL STORES WHEN BUYING ALL ITEMS ONCE PUT IN A SINGLE USE PLASTIC BAG.
- ASK FOR A DRINK-BUT ASK FOR THAT DRINK WITHOUT A STRAW!
- REFUSE SINGLE USE PLASTIC. WHEN OFFERED A SINGLE USE BAG, STRAW OR WATER BOTTLE, REFUSE (the fourth “R” in Reuse, Recycle, Reduce) and opt to use your own reusable bag (or just carry that small item), drink without a straw and carry a reusable water bottle.
GET EDUCATED ABOUT PURCHASING AND ORDERING SUSTAINABLE SEAFOOD: Use your New England Aquarium Ocean Friendly Seafood card or refer to one of these excellent online resources when buying or ordering seafood:
Sign up to receive event notices and updates: